the iPhone 15 Pro Max titanium Frame Overheating?

the iPhone 15 Pro Max titanium Frame Overheating? 

the iPhone 15 Pro Max

 

the iPhone 15 Pro Max

I've been using it since Friday and I'm recording this around Tuesday so it's been what let's say Saturday Sunday Monday we'll call it a 72-hour review because a lot of these thoughts and opinions were formed over the last 72 hours I wanted to do just a quick little mini review this isn't like a full review by any means it's a mini 72-hour review just kind of giving you more Impressions after like using this all day for the past 3 to 4 days.

Titanium Frame Overheating?

yeah let's start with there there's always controversy let's start with the controversy and there's been a lot of it around the heat of the new titanium models again this is the 15 Pro Max uh my phone got really hot when trying to charge with a random USBC cable that I found and using in car and also using carplay at the same time

 I unplugged it it felt like a million degrees the edges were actually very very warm much more so than like my 13

or 14 pro Max and the phone was kind of useless it was pretty unresponsive this is what happens when the phone's overheat did the same thing on my way ome a few hours later and the temperature was honestly totally fine in my car I like to wirelessly charge I have a Tesla Model 3 that charger kind my iPhone 14 pro Max would always get really hot when using that charger and it would never really charge kind of like maintains the percentage hat you currently have uh or maybe gains like a couple in like a 30-minute trip let's say same thing happens with the 15 Pro Max however I noticed it doesn't get nearly as warm a little bit so the whole controversy was like this phone gets really really hot and so here are instances where I've had it one time get really really hot and then in my normal daily time where it like should get hot it actually hasn't uh so I don't really know where I stand with it other than I think the whole getting warm thing is uh kind of blowing out of proportion but everyone is different I don't know how many of those reports uh where those units come from are those more like EU or CH like I don't know where those phones come from I'm in the US This phone seems to be totally fine there was that one issue where I do notice that when it gets hot it gets really hot but for the most part it's been actually really really good I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with temperatures while scrolling social media I think a lot of people said like they were watching Instagram reels for 10 minutes and their phone would get really really hot I watch YouTube videos on it I use my phone like normal definitely a lot of Tik Tok I haven't noticed anything at all the new design is amazing I know LOVE the Design Changes. Huge Difference! this sounds like an exaggeration you're like how can a design change that's so minimal it's not that substantial but it really does make a huge difference for me so when I go back and pick up something like my iPhone 14 pro Max or my wife's 13 Pro Max it just feels way more uncomfortable in the hand compared to the 15 uh and it's just again a lot lighter it's wild that this makes this much of a difference but it really really does of course none of this really matters as much much if you're somebody who puts a case on it I don't but I appreciate the changes that are made here and hopefully you can too and honestly live your best life take it out of the case enjoy because it's so much better in the hands now as for the color

the iPhone 15 Pro Max  Natural Titanium Color

this is the natural titanium and I really like it I also really like the blue but I think I'm going to be really happy with the natural because I've noticed it's barely showing any smudges or fingerprints or Oils or anything from your hands uh compared to some of the other models I haven't dropped this phone yet I know a lot of controversy has been around that great news it's been 3 or 4 days haven't dropped it uh I have no idea how the durability is going to be longterm we'll find that out later now there have been drop tests done all iPhone 15 Pro Max Drop Tests over

the iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Life

so a few rapid fire things that I want to touch on after a brief few days with the phone uh battery life has been weirdly better for me than expected the first day you know you kind of set it up you're using it a lot it was kind of on average and on par with the iPhone 14 pro Max but then I had an update there was a day one update and I'm not sure if that changed things or if the phone is just naturally better with battery life over my 14 pro Max but I've noticed that like let's say the first half of the day so from like 7:00 a.m. to noon 1:00 p.m. my time uh the battery is like at 70% already um with very minimal use I mean I probably use it a little bit more in the mornings than I should uh but then from like 9: to 12:00 I'm not using it

that much and I'm already at like 70% with the iPhone 15 Pro Max I've been at like 89 85 at the worst which is pretty good obviously uh we'll have to see kind of how it holds up long term but so far I'm I'm really into the battery life it's it's been working out really well 5X Telephoto Camera for me the camera is very good full review on that one soon but so far really digging the images coming out of the lenses especially the 5x telephoto lens here on the pro Max also really ProRes Log Videos & Custom LUTs into the new prores log video recording if you want to get some cinematic looks on your iPhone and use custom lets for your footage this is the way I just you know recording as much as I did over the last few days was kind of tough because the file sizes are massive so I highly recommend using the new feature where you can plug in uh because of the USBC port you can record to an external SSD so definitely recommend doing that if you plan to use log a whole bunch I think at Max I can get 51 minutes and then I'm guessing that just takes up my entire iPhone storage this is a 512 uh iPhone so I probably won't want to do that all too often I got my footage took it off and put it on my computer and then deleted it so that I had my storage

the iPhone 15 Pro Max Final Thoughts

back um also USBC that was really my only instance of using it uh and the speeds were pretty good transferred it pretty fast considering that the file sizes were pretty massive I think I hadlike 17 clips and it was like 30 or 40 gigs that's pretty intense there lastly the action button it's been a work in progress for me for the most part I'm trying to figure out I know I want to use it with shortcuts but I'm trying to figure out what would be the most useful shortcut for me and honestly I think the route is uh create a custom shortcut that creates a shortcut share sheet so that I have even more shortcuts available I know there's a few extra Taps involved but I don't know or I can just leave it on the camera which is what I've been doing and uh I really like it no accidental presses either I think Apple knew what they were doing when they put it on the uh press and hold because I haven't been activating the camera for no reason obviously pretty big fan so far but I'll do a proper review in the next few weeks but I'm really liking the iPhone 15 Pro Max and yeah I want to hear from you in the comments down below what are you thinking with these new phones did you get one what are your thoughts are you planning on upgrading.

 

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments